In honor of the upcoming Super Bowl festivities, I’ve decided to share a super simple homemade cracker recipe. Whether you plan to serve them alongside a platter of cheese, savory dips, or whatever you have on your game day menu, these crackers are sure to impress your most could-care-less-about-food friends.
PARMESAN & THYME CRACKERS
Servings: Makes 30-36 crackers
1 stick unsalted butter
3 ounces grated Parmesan
¼ cup all-purpose flour
¼ teaspoon kosher salt
1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves, chopped
½ teaspoon black pepper
- Put the butter in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment and mix until the butter is creamy. Add the Parmesan cheese, flour, salt, thyme, and pepper, and mix until combined.
- Dump the dough onto a lightly floured surface and roll into a 13-inch long log. Wrap the log in plastic wrap and place in the freezer for 30 minutes to harden.
- While the dough is in the freezer, preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Take the dough out of the freezer and cut the log crosswise into ¼- to ½-inch thick slices.
- Place the dough slices on a sheet pan and bake for 22 minutes, until lightly brown.