I love fresh salads. And I love when those fresh salads are vibrant and colorful. That’s what first caught my eye when I found the original recipe for this simple, light salad. It incorporates grilled peaches (yum), crunchy arugula (yum), and creamy mozzarella cheese (yum yum yum). Toss it all together, and you’ve got an unexpected and scrumptious side for your next barbecue.
GRILLED PEACH SALAD WITH MOZZARELLA AND ARUGULA
6 peaches, cut in half and pitted
3-4 large handfuls arugula, washed and dried
1 small red onion, sliced thin
5 ounces fresh mozzarella, torn into bite-size pieces
4 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
2 teaspoons honey
2 teaspoons Dijon or whole grain mustard
2 tablespoons minced chives
1/3 cup olive oil
1 tablespoon heavy cream
- Heat the grill to medium-hot heat.
- Lightly salt the cut sides of the peaches, drizzle very lightly with olive oil, and place cut side down on the grill.
- When the peaches are charred and just beginning to soften, remove them to a platter and set aside.
- Make the dressing by placing the vinegar, honey, mustard, and chives in a small bowl. While whisking constantly, slowly drizzle in olive oil until emulsified. Whisk in the cream.
- Toss the arugula and onion with the vinaigrette, and place on a serving platter or dish. Nestle the peaches and mozzarella among the greens, and drizzle with a little more dressing.
- Sprinkle with coarse sea salt and serve.