With summer comes weekend barbecues and lots of grilled goodies. And after those burgers, hot dogs, corn on the cob, and potato salad comes the sweet stuff–and there’s no sweet treat more quintessentially summer than s’mores.
These little guys are perfect to close out the night. They don’t require the grill for melting and you can make them ahead of time. So as the grill is cooling down and everyone is sitting around a bonfire, grab these little s’mores bites as a special treat. Be warned: They will go fast.
Servings: About 20-24 bites
1 bag of large marshmallows (about 20)
1 box of graham crackers
16 ounces chocolate chips
- Place the marshmallows on a baking sheet and insert a skewer or toothpick through the top of each marshmallow.
- Pulse about two packages of the graham crackers in a food processor until crumbs are formed.
- Melt the chocolate with whatever method you like best (double boiler, microwave, etc.).
- When chocolate is melted completely, dip each marshmallow into the chocolate (about half-way in). Then roll each marshmallow into the graham cracker crumbs.
- Place the coated marshmallow back onto the baking sheet and repeat the previous step for the remaining marshmallows.
- When finished, allow the marshmallows to chill in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
Tip: If you’d like toasted marshmallows, do not put the skewer in the marshmallows in the first step. After you roll the chocolate-dipped marshmallow into the crumbs, insert the skewer into the chocolate end, leaving the top exposed. When you’re ready to serve, use a kitchen torch to toast the marshmallows.