One of the things I enjoy most about the summer is that you can throw some of your favorite foods (but not ALL of your favorite foods) into a bowl and it is absolutely delicious. I could eat this summer salad for every meal. It includes tomatoes, roasted corn, and avocado, and is drizzled with a honey lime dressing.
3 words: Yum, yum, yum.
GRILLED CORN, TOMATO & AVOCADO SALAD WITH HONEY LIME DRESSING
1 pint grape or cherry tomatoes
1 ripe avocado
2 ears of fresh sweet corn (or bag of frozen roasted corn)
2 teaspoons fresh cilantro, chopped
Juice of 1 lime
3 teaspoons vegetable oil
1 teaspoon honey
Salt and black pepper, to taste
1 clove garlic, minced
Dash of cayenne pepper
- Remove husks from corn and grill over medium heat for 10 minutes. Cut the corn off the cob, and then scrape the cob with the back of your knife to get the juices. Set aside and let cool. Or, you can buy frozen roasted corn and defrost about 2½ cups when ready to prepare the salad (I get mine from Trader Joes).
- Slice the tomatoes in half, dice the avocado, and chop the cilantro.
- To make the dressing, add all of the dressing ingredients in a small bowl and whisk together until mixed well.
- In a large bowl, combine the corn, tomatoes, avocado, and cilantro. Then pour the dressing over the top. Slowly mix the salad together until everything is evenly coated.
- Let the salad sit for at least an hour. Stir once before serving.